17 Sep The new Berkem plating process
The Berkem Revolution
WHITENOR® is the surprising Berkem process for Platinum-Ruthenium-based decorative and thickness galvanic baths that guarantees extremely white and shiny deposits perfect alternative to rhodium, pure platinum and palladium solutions. WHITENOR® is the evolution of pure platinum formulations, a contemporary and innovative approach to electroplating, result of research and tests carried out by Berkem R&D Team in order to meet the current needs of the jewelry and fashion market.
WHITENOR, the surprising Berkem process for Platinum-Ruthenium-based decorative and thickness galvanic baths, is an acid solution that guarantees white and resistant to both wear and corrosion deposits. It is entirely compatible with rhodium solutions, and it is the perfect alternative to palladium as a pre-rhodium deposit.
WHITENOR can completely replace rhodium in decorative applications.
– Platinum-Ruthenium alloy
– Color coordinates L*88; a*0,55; b*2,8
– Shiny white color free of any yellowish reflections
– High color stability with wide range of applied current (3 to 6 V)
– User-friendliness and deposition on any metal surface including silver
– Chemical stability of the solution which guarantees a long-lasting bath
– Deposits with up to 3 micron thicknesses which determine its excellent performance as an intermediate deposit before final color finishing